- Next general membership meeting: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 7:30 to 9:00
PM in the Library of Nottingham Elementary School, 5900 Little Falls Road, Arlington, VA
22207. Please arrive by 7:00 PM to pay dues and meet your neighbors.
- New Williamsburg Elementary School
- Paul C. Cullen, WCA Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee Representative
- Recent Neighborhood Crime/Community Safety
- Arlington County Police Officer
- Update to ART Bus Route
- Crystal House, Arlington Transit
- The March 2013 newsletter is now available.
Williamsburg neighborhood is one of three neighborhoods in Arlington
selected to participate in a spring 2012 safety campaign called Neighborhood Drive 25.
This campaign lasts one month and uses the tools of education and
enforcement to reduced travel speeds on targeted neighborhood streets
without the use of physical traffic calming measures. In the
Williamsburg neighborhood, North Ohio Street and 28th Street North have been identified for this spring’s campaign. For more details, please see this letter, dated April 16, 2012, from Mary Hynes, Chair of the Arlington County Board.
- Date of the previous general membership meeting: March 8, 2012. See the Meetings/events page.
- Changes in leadership in the civic association, as of 12/6/11:
- Sonia McCormick has resigned as president of the WCA. However, she plans to continue her work as editor of the newsletter.
- Ruth Shearer has agreed to serve as the new president of the civic association. Formerly, she was the vice president.
- Eleanor Smith has agreed to serve as the new vice president of the civic association.
- Thank you to Sonia for serving as our civic association president for two and a half years!
- Thanks also to Ruth, Eleanor, and Sonia for their future/continuing service to the community!
- Please pay your dues. The civic association is running
low on funds. Only about 10% of households in the civic
association are current with their dues. Dues are $10 per household. Please fill out this form
and send it with your
check, payable to "Williamsburg Civic Association," to our
treasurer, Jim Toronto (3577 N. Powhatan Street, Arlington, VA
22213). You may also pay at meetings.
- Consider joining our e-mail distribution list: If you have not done so already, please join our Yahoo! Groups e-mail distribution list (groups.yahoo.com/group/arlington_wca).
This is a great way for us to communicate with each other (via e-mail
or the Yahoo! Groups Website). Once you join the group, anyone
can post a message or respond to a post. When you are joining,
please tell us, as a minimum, your FIRST and LAST NAME, and WHERE YOU
LIVE (either the street and/or address). This helps us prevent spammers
from joining the group. Right now, we have about 100 members.